Many people walk through their day wanting to bless others but the excuse of not having anything big to give often gets in the way. The logic behind that kind of thinking is clear to see. It goes something like this in our heads, if I don’t have anything big to give or say…I’ll just walk on by and wait until a better prepared time.
Never forget my dear Christ follower that God is in the small things also. That very small act of kindness might just be what the other person needed to get through an otherwise horrible day. I challenge you today to look for ways to bless people small. You might just be surprised at how a big God fits into small things.
Here’s a small list that God can and will use in a big way.
- Pay for the meal of the car behind you at the fast food drive through
- Leave an extra large tip for a waiter or waitress with a note of thanks
- Give up your seat for someone in a waiting room
- Listen to someone who is going through a tough time
- Write a note to a family member telling them why you love them
- Text someone an inspirational quote
- Offer a compliment to a stranger
Those are just a few I’ve borrowed over the years. I’m sure you can come up with many more. Just remember…God is in the small things also.
What’s are your thoughts? What small acts of kindness have you done? Leave a comment.